Monday, September 17, 2018

Meeting Mickey & Goofy






If you’ve been to Epcot Center in Disney World  you’ll probably recognize the photos in these layouts. It’s the character meet and greet with Mickey, Minnie & Goofy! Because we were there as guests of Give Kids the World Village, Caleb had the magical Genie Pass and that means Disney staff took notice and went above and beyond to give Caleb a magical vacation. This photo shoot was no exception because even though the characters were in individual locations, the photographers brought Mickey, Minnie, and Goofy’s location so the boys and I could get a group shot in addition to the individual character shots.

Scrapbooking Tips:

In my vacation albums I really strive for a consistent look and I ordered paper and embellishments from Scrap Your Trip. Then I went to my favorite spot for inspiration – Scrapbook Generation Sketches. I found a sketch that would work with both layouts and made mirror image pages. If you notice they are very similar but reversed. I had to play around with the photo placement because I did not have the same number of vertical / horizontal photos with each character – but in the words of Tim Gunn from Project Runway, I “Made it work!”


Because the background paper was so busy, I custom made embellishments that would break up the pattern. I had clear character stickers but if I placed them on the solid color background they disappeared. My solution was to stick them on white card stock then carefully cut around the sticker.




Then, using my dotted tag dies from The Stamps of Life, I die cut three large tags out of solid cardstock. I adhered the character stickers with foam adhesive and added complementary ribbon left over from one of my Stamps of Life card kits.

Although these pages are a little busier than I usually make, I like the finished product. I also liked the challenge of having to make my own embellishments out of my stash . . . .. I’m planning on doing that more often!


No comments:

Post a Comment

We Love Candy

Who doesn't love candy? My kids have inherited their mom's sweet tooth. Although, as I've matured I forgo the sour patch kids...