Friday, September 28, 2018

Zach's First Apple Picking



My goal for this layout was to find a way to showcase multiple photos. I found a sketch from Scrapbook Generation that allowed me to scrap 9 photos but not sacrifice on the design of the page.

For the colorful strips I used the same pattern paper I used on the Bopple Picking layout to keep continuity in my albums. (Because I have learned that it is impossible for me to do just one layout on an any given event!)

Scrapbooking Tips:

You can see creases on these pages and can tell this layout has not held up well – and I’ll tell you why. The background paper I used was inexpensive and wrinkled the very first time I slipped it into a page protector.

One very valuable lesson I have learned is not to use inexpensive card stock or pattern paper for your background. One technique I use a lot in scrapbooking is to mark my pages with faint pencil lines to help me place things straight on my page, or I might write something in pencil and go back and trace over it. Cheaper paper or card stock does not hold up well if you use erasers!

Now I exclusively use Bazzill cardstock. It’s more expensive than regular cardstock, running about a $1/sheet, but worth every single penny! I will stock up on colored Bazzill cardstock when it goes on sale for 2/$1 at Michael’s Arts & Crafts. I also buy black, white, and kraft colored 12x12 sheets in packs of 25 from Scrapbook.com. I can confidently say, I won’t go back to discount paper – it’s just not worth it. If I’m going to put my time and effort into a layout I want it to last and that means using quality card stock and adhesive!



No comments:

Post a Comment

We Love Candy

Who doesn't love candy? My kids have inherited their mom's sweet tooth. Although, as I've matured I forgo the sour patch kids...